Monday, December 27, 2010

Momma's Chicken Pot Pie

My mom's chicken pot pie is SO good!  I still remember the first time I made it for Hubbie.... he wasn't liking the idea of a non-traditional chicken pot pie ( a pot pie without a bottom crust AND a top crust), but I won him over and he always goes back for seconds!  Its so warm and such a yummy comfort food!  It freezes well too!  So, here is the recipe!

Pot Pie:
Chicken (I usually eye ball this part... if I have a couple of chicken breasts I'll boil those and shred them)
1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken
1 bag of frozen veggies
Stir all this together and dump into a casserole dish.  Usually a 9x11 is too big.  So something square but pretty deep is good.  I have a round casserole dish that has tall sides and thats what I use for our chicken pot pie.

Topping:
1 cup of flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. pepper
1 t. salt
1 cup of milk
1 stick of butter, melted
Mix all this together....might be lumpy, so I use a wisk.... and pour over the pot pie mixture.

Bake 425 for 34-40 mins.  :o)  And enjoy!!

1 comment:

Jana @sidetrackd said...

Does this usually give you guys two meals or just one?