Sunday, February 7, 2010

Crunchy Onion Chicken Tenders

My children attend a Christian preschool/MDO program at a nearby church.  We love the teachers, director and the whole program!  No complaints!  Its a large church and they usually have free magazines in the foyer!  Since the boys started attending the school back in the summer, I've been grabbing the free magazine Parent Life.  I love this magazine!  I read through it pretty quickly!  I think its put together by the people at Life Way Christian BookStores!  I didn't even know they had a magazine.  If and when I can no longer get this magazine for free, I will definitely need to get a magazine subscription for this!

Last week, I was flipping through the latest issue of Parent Life magazine and noticed some recipes that I thought my family would love!  We tried this one tonight!

So yummy- displayed on my beautiful, everyday dishes given to me by my Granny

Crunchy Onion Chicken Tenders
  • 2 cups French's Original Fried Onions
  • 2 tblspoon flour
  • 1 lb chicken tenders
  • 1 large egg, beaten
Crush fried onions with flour in a plastic bag.  Dig chicken tenders into egg; coat in onion crumbs.  Bake 15 minutes at 400 degrees.  

The recipe was easy, quick and so yummy!  Very little clean up.  I found Tyson chicken tenders on sale about a month ago at Kroger- about 8 or 9 strips for around $2 (during their 69 cent per lb chicken sale).  So, I thought this would be a wonderful time to use those!    Our whole family gobbled the strips up!  This will definitely become a regular item on our menu!  I added steak fries and Hubbie's homemade honey mustard.  

I think I figured I spent around $5-5.50 for our family to eat this meal.  I could have done it cheaper if I had made homemade oven fries, but we were already late getting dinner together that night!  

1 comment:

Sharon said...

They look delicious! My hubby would really enjoy these. Thanks for sharing!
And that magazine sounds great, too!