Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Easiest and Best Lasagna You've Ever Had... I Promise!

Growing up, we had Stouffer's Lasagna.... I loved it.... until I started making my own lasagna. I found a recipe that made it quick and easy to make one of my favorite meals. This recipe feeds my family for about 3 nights....at least, so I don't make it very often (usually once we finish it, we're sick of lasagna)! Enjoy!

Simply Lasagna


1 lb. ground beef
2 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, divided
15 oz. container of ricotta cheese
1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 cup of parsley
1 egg, lightly beaten
26 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown meat in large skillet, drain fat. Mix 1 1/4 cups of the mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, the container of ricotta cheese, the parsley and the egg. Blend well. Set aside. Pour spaghetti sauce in the skillet (with the meat). Pour the cup of water into the empty spaghetti sauce jar, cover and shake well. Add to skillet and stir. You should end up with 5 cups of sauce. Now, layer- start with 1 cup of sauce at the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish. Then top with 3 lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture and then 1 cup of spaghetti sauce. Repeat layers 2 more times. Top with remaining 3 noodles and the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle the rest of the cheeses on top. Cover with greased foil. Bake for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 15 mins.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Yummy! Maddie and I made this for dinner tonight and it was SO good. The only thing I did differently was use whole wheat pasta becuase of my sugar issues. Brian doesn't normally like the taste of whole wheat pasta, but he liked this because there are so many flavors the wheat taste doesn't stand out.

Dana said...

yay! I knew I used to have a recipe that you didn't have to cook the noodles before hand but I couldn't find it anywhere! Awesome!