Saturday, June 12, 2010

Blueberry Apple Crisp

I have fresh, hand-picked blueberries in my fridge and I couldn't wait to try this recipe here.  Let me tell you- it was DE-LIC-IOUS!  Hubbie even went back for seconds!  He doesn't do THAT often!

I didn't really change the recipe too much.  I didn't use as many apples and they weren't Granny Smith.  Oh and I didn't do nutmeg either...  Not sure why.  Just not a fan!?!  Anyway... here is MY version of this yummy dessert!  And don't forget the ice cream on top!  YUM-O!

3-4 small apples, diced
1 cup of blueberries
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of old fashioned oats
1/3 cup of butter, softened
3/4 tea of cinnamon

Spray non-stick cooking spray in an 8x8 baking dish.  Diced up apples  and line the bottom of the casserole dish.  Sprinkle washed blueberries on top of the apples.  Mix the remaining ingredients to make the "crisp" topping and sprinkle on top.  Bake 375 until topping is brown and "hardened".

No comments: